Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Mail!

A few months ago I discovered this blog from Pinterest about mailing items that weigh 13 ounces or less first class mail.  They can be any shape or size and do not require special packaging.  I was a little hesitant and then my boys told me that the Mythbusters mailed a coconut to prove that it could be done.  I couldn't wait to try it for myself.

While they were at boy scout summer camp, both boys got a special delivery in the mail; duct tape.  I mean what boy scout doesn't need duct tape?

Garrett's special penguin duct tape.

Marshall got paint splatter duct tape.
A little over a week ago, the boys and I sent gifts to all their younger cousins.  We bought beach balls for $0.97 at Walmart, spent a few hours decorating the balls and then sent them in the mail.  It cost about $2.15 in postage.

Garrett the artist, hard at work.

At the post office!
 As you can see, the younger cousins were excited to receive their personal beach balls in the mail.  I can't wait to try mailing something else soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment