Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Party Decorations (Eagle Court of Honor) on the Cheap

These will be centerpieces on the tables at my Son's Eagle Court of Honor *Update:  See how I re-used these same cans for a patriotic luncheon.   The other night I was surfing around on the t.v. and ended up watching "Extreme Cheapskates."  I found myself thinking, "Ohhh... what amateurs!"  But, I couldn't tell anyone.  I mean I didn't want anyone to know how "cheap" I actually am. I really think they set some people up on that show.  I mean seriously?!?  You share a toothbrush to save money?  Buy 2 toothbrushes and each will last twice as long, same with the deodorant.  Yuck! Anyway, there was this lady only wanting to spend $50 on her 10 year old son's birthday.  Since I'm always looking for inexpensive ways to celebrate, I kept watching.  What?!?!  She had his birthday party at a retirement home for $30?!?!  What about having it at your house or the park for free, hello people?  Instead of the Elvis entertainer (who I'

DIY Jewelry Organization

I love my jewelry and use it as art on my wall.  It helps me to remember what I have and makes getting dressed easier and quicker.  Here is how I organize and hold my Earrings, Necklaces, and Brooches. Earring Holder A few years ago, while visiting my sister, I noticed her earring holder.  She said she bought it from "a girl who make them."  A few months later, I was needing birthday gifts for some girlfriends so I tried to remember what I saw at my sister's house and re-created it. Supplies: window screening from the hardware store - it comes in big rolls but you only need a little dowel rod 4 wooden dowel rod balls ribbon hot glue paint First, cut your dowel rod into 2 12 inch pieces, then take your dowel rods and balls and paint them whatever color you like.  I spray painted mine silver.  Then you need to cut your screening (use big scissors) to 12 inches by 18 inches.  On the 12 inch side, fold down about 1 inch and glue down with the hot glue.  Do th

Black Friday Thrift Haul