Skip to main content

Crockpot Freezer Cooking

 With summer winding to an end, a new job teaching a new subject and grade level, and in the middle of a bathroom remodel.  I realized I need to stock up now on healthy dinners before I'm totally worn out.
I went to the store to just buy these ingredients for my freezer crockpot meals.  (Okay, yes, I also bought frozen pizza for dinner that night.)

I spent quite a bit of time planning.  So, if you want, you may use my plans and save yourself a lot of time, please do.  Then, I went to the store to buy just the ingredients for my meals, and then came home and put them all in zipper bags.  Now, I have 6 healthy chicken dinners waiting for my crockpot.

I wrote the name of the meal, any needed ingredients to add, and the directions on the bags before filling.
I found stole most of my recipes on the internet, tweaked them a tad and here they are.  Also, instead of using cans of cream of chicken soup, I use Cream of Something Soup that I have already made up and write on the bag to add water.  My recipe is at the end.
My bags are ready for the freezer to pull out on a busy day in the crockpot.

Crockpot Chicken and Gravy
 3 chicken breasts, chicken broth, pkg chicken gravy. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. Serve over potatoes or rice.-nice n easy meal.  
*I put all ingredients including cut up potatoes in a zipper bag.

Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
3 chicken breasts, still frozen 1 can Rotel tomatoes 1 can corn kernels, 2 cans black beans (drained), 1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix, 1 T cumin, 1 t chili powder, 1 t onion powde, 1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese: Put the chicken in the crock pot. Top with the corn, drained and rinsed beans, ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders, stir to combine then top with the cream cheese. Cook on low for 6-8... 
 *I put everything in my zipper bag.  This is really good over some cornbread.

Crockpot Italian Chicken:
4 chicken breasts, 1 packet Italian dressing seasoning, 1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened), 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 t crushed red peppers.  Cook on low for 4 hours. If sauce is too thick, add a little milk. Serve over pasta.
*I put all ingredients into my zipper bag.  I will have to make the pasta that night.

Chicken-N-Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
carrots, peas, or mixed veggies
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces (Or bisquick dough)
Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center. 
*I put all ingredients in the zipper bag except the biscuits.

Crockpot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
3 Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless), 2 - 8 oz. Packages of Cream Cheese, 1
Pouch of Italian Dressing Mix, 2 - 10 oz Cans Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 1/2 cans water
(2 Packages of Fettuccine Noodles, Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Put ingredients in crockpot, cook, shred chicken, serve over fettuccine noodles. 
*I put all in zipper bag except soup, water, and cream cheese.  I can add that in the morning.  You will need to boil the fettuccine that night.


Crockpot Baked Potato Soup
5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes, 1 medium/large diced yellow onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth, package of crumbled bacon, (16 oz cream cheese, softened (I use low fat), 1 tablespoon seasoned salt)  optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions
    1.    Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, bacon and chicken stock to slow cooker.
    2.    Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
    3.    Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended.
    4.    Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!
*I put all but the water and cream cheese in my zipper bag. 

Shopping List for all above:
  •  Pkg of gallon size zipper bags
  •  Bag of frozen chicken (17 breasts)
  •  Bag of potatoes
  •  pkg. of bacon bits
  •  garlic
  •  1 can chicken broth
  •  pkg chicken gravy
  •  1 can rotel tomatoes
  •  1 can corn
  •  2 can black beans
  •  1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
  •  4 pkg. cream cheese
  •  1 pkg. zesty Italian seasoning
  •  1 pkg. Italian seasoning
  •  6 cans cream of chicken soup
  •  butter
  •  diced onion
  •  mixed veggies
  •  2 cans refrigerated biscuit dough
  •  potatoes
  •  pasta
  •  fettuccine noodles
  •  Seasonings

Cream of "something" soup recipe
1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon (if you have cubes you have to smash them up)
  You can use whatever kind you like (ie, beef, veggie)
4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions (I used the minced onions from Sam's Club)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme (I couldn't find the thyme so I used dried parsley instead)
1 teaspoon pepper
(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Party Decorations (Eagle Court of Honor) on the Cheap

These will be centerpieces on the tables at my Son's Eagle Court of Honor *Update:  See how I re-used these same cans for a patriotic luncheon.   The other night I was surfing around on the t.v. and ended up watching "Extreme Cheapskates."  I found myself thinking, "Ohhh... what amateurs!"  But, I couldn't tell anyone.  I mean I didn't want anyone to know how "cheap" I actually am. I really think they set some people up on that show.  I mean seriously?!?  You share a toothbrush to save money?  Buy 2 toothbrushes and each will last twice as long, same with the deodorant.  Yuck! Anyway, there was this lady only wanting to spend $50 on her 10 year old son's birthday.  Since I'm always looking for inexpensive ways to celebrate, I kept watching.  What?!?!  She had his birthday party at a retirement home for $30?!?!  What about having it at your house or the park for free, hello people?  Instead of the Elvis entertainer (who I'

DIY Jewelry Organization

I love my jewelry and use it as art on my wall.  It helps me to remember what I have and makes getting dressed easier and quicker.  Here is how I organize and hold my Earrings, Necklaces, and Brooches. Earring Holder A few years ago, while visiting my sister, I noticed her earring holder.  She said she bought it from "a girl who make them."  A few months later, I was needing birthday gifts for some girlfriends so I tried to remember what I saw at my sister's house and re-created it. Supplies: window screening from the hardware store - it comes in big rolls but you only need a little dowel rod 4 wooden dowel rod balls ribbon hot glue paint First, cut your dowel rod into 2 12 inch pieces, then take your dowel rods and balls and paint them whatever color you like.  I spray painted mine silver.  Then you need to cut your screening (use big scissors) to 12 inches by 18 inches.  On the 12 inch side, fold down about 1 inch and glue down with the hot glue.  Do th

Black Friday Thrift Haul