Saturday, March 8, 2014

Scrapbooking for Spring Break

Yea!  It's Spring Break!  The time all teachers are thankful to be out of the classroom and get a little rest and relaxation.  It's been awhile since I've worked on my scrapbooks so I decided this would be a perfect time to give it a go.

My scrapbook pages are different from most of the examples you find on the internet and on books.  Those focus mainly on the decorations.  Years and years ago, I was a Creative Memories consultant and one thing we taught was simplicity and to put the focus on the pictures.  Also, when I started scrapbooking, I was on a really tight budget and I would always try to get as many pictures as possible on a page to help save money.  My style of scrapbooking does keep evolving but I find I'm always trying to place the most focus on the pictures and place lots of pictures on the page. 

Here are four pages that I have completed so far.  All my albums are just in chronological order and I'm a about four years behind.  On this first page, I went a bit fancier and more girly and tried out a "new to me" technique that I saw Heidi Swapp do on MyCraftChannel on YouTube (Sorry, I don't remember which video it was to post the link.)  The new thing is the folded paper in the bottom right hand corner.  I just messily accordion folded paper (not card stock) and stuck it down.  Her video also mentioned using more of your own handwriting, even for titles so I did the title myself.


On my second page, I had one picture that was a little dark and I wanted to draw attention to my son in the picture.  So, I cut out an oval of my son, then a slightly larger oval to draw your eye to him.  I stamped the bikini at the bottom and added texture to it's mat card.  The title is handwritten and if you look closely, I went back and added little dots all the way around each letter.  But, truth be told, I only posted this page because I can't believe I actually fit into a bikini back then.  
 
 

This next page was super simple.  I just used pre-cut borders and added my title and journaling box.  This time I stamped the title.  

 

And finally, this last page was fun but took a bit longer.  I handcut the teeth, mouth, etc.  I wrote out the title and added a bit of inking to give it texture.  I think it turned out pretty darn cute.


I should probably go back and do some more journaling.  I mean telling the story, that's what it's all about.   Well, I have more pages to scrap, so I'll sign off my blog.  Happy Spring Break, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment